By now you all know that I love my Young Living Essential Oils and I have a few diffusers in my home. I have one in all of the main rooms, only the bathroom and kitchen were missing out on the awesomeness that is the smell of essential oils.
Hello, DIY Google time. I found the great idea of making a reed diffuser! A quick search on Amazon yielded the supplies I needed at a great price and I was on my way! Check out how easy it is!
- 1 Diffusing Vessel (I used these)
- 8-10 Rattan Reed Diffusing Sticks
- 1/4 – 1/2 c. Sweet Almond Oil (with a splash of vodka)
- 15-20 drops Young Living Essential Oil (my favorites for this are Christmas Spirit and Citrus Fresh)
- Using a funnel, add sweet almond oil to diffusing vessel.
- Add 15-20 drops essential oil.
- Insert diffusing sticks and stir.
- Let sticks soak for an hour or so, then turn over.
- Each day, turn sticks to diffuse oil.
- As scent dissipates over time, freshen up with additional essential oil.
There are many options for reeds to use, I chose to use rattan reeds. Thanks to the channels that run up the length of them that enables easy wicking for the long-lasting release of your oils.
It is recommended to change the reeds about every 6-12 months.