What’s the big deal!? They are just rocks…
But are they?
Welcome to Oils and Gems :: A Beginner's Guide! I am so excited you are here to learn more about these “rocks” and the oils that complement them so you can expand your wellness arsenal.
*I am not a doctor. I am not here to diagnose, treat, or cure any of your illnesses. The content I cover is for informational purposes only.
In the comments, share who you are, who invited you, and one thing you hope to learn!
Since we will be talking about essential oils in this class, I want to point out that not all oils are created equal. I chose Young Living for their ‘Seed to Seal’ guarantee that you won’t find anywhere else.
Here are some facts that set YL apart from the rest:
- plant material that is grown on corporately-owned farms or carefully vetted partner farms (that you CAN visit!)
- sustainable farming and sourcing practices, providing the purest oil
- great care taken to preserve and protect natural resources
- hand-weeded fields and ZERO use of pesticides
- oils that retain all their natural constituents and therapeutic properties
- use of food-grade distillers with state-of-the-art design and distillation methods
- low pressure and low temperature distillation, without the use of solvents or synthetic chemicals
- rigorous testing on each batch by internal labs and third-party facilities
- oils that are carefully reviewed through every step of production in order to meet or exceed industry safety and purity standards (beyond organic!)
And the best part… if the oils do not meet these high standards they are rejected and will not be bottled as a Young Living product. Now you can sleep tonight knowing you are getting the absolute best.
For centuries, civilizations have valued gems for their beauty as precious and semi-precious gemstones as well as for the special vibrational energies within each stone. While there is no scientific data to support the use of gemstones for healing, ancient cultures used them to facilitate healing for the body, mind, and spirit.
Societies throughout history, including ancient Mesopotamia, Egypt, China, and Greece, used gemstones, also referred to as crystals, for their healing properties. This practice continued through the ages, although it lessened during the Renaissance, when people believed the healing properties of gems came from either good or bad angels.
The use of gemstones for healing reemerged in the 1980s and continues to gain popularity as an energetic healing modality. In a modern age of science, however, it may be difficult to understand how a rock can bring about any type of healing. The answer can be found in the vibrational energies found within gemstones and how they affect the energy fields all around them, including the human energy field.
So cool right? I just love history!
Have you ever experienced a time when you did not “vibe” well with someone or you have gotten a “bad feeling” about someone? When this happens, you are sensing energy and recognizing that someone else’s energetic vibration isn’t compatible with your own. You don’t have to be an energy expert to experience this. It happens to all of us. WHY? Because every cell in your body has the vibration of life whether you are aware of it or not. Our vibrational energy is constantly changing based on our moods, behaviors, and even our surroundings.
This is why when you hang out with angry people they bring you down and happy people lift you up! Anger has a vibrational energy of 150 Hz where as Joy has a vibrational energy of 540 Hz. That’s crazy!!
If science is your jam, you can google the quantum physics of it all. If you don’t have time for that, know that at its most basic level, all matter is made up of vibrating strings of electricity that can be measured as a frequency. When your cells are not healthy they slow down and have a lower frequency. When your cells ARE healthy they have a higher frequency.
Gemstones vibrate at different frequencies depending on their matter, size, thickness, and color (light frequency). Essential oils also vibrate at different frequencies. We can take advantage of the vibrations from essential oils and gemstones to bring our OWN frequencies up or down and rebalance our body.
Ok, so it’s gonna get a little ‘woo woo’ sounding here but just go with it. It’s important to activate, charge, cleanse, and ground your stones to receive the most benefits your gemstones can offer.
Your stones will collect energy over time so it is important to cleanse them to put them back in a neutral state.
Choose any of the options below to cleanse your stones. Cleanse minimally every full moon, more often if you use them in your hands or pockets daily.
- Use water to cleanse
If it’s raining, or you’re near a natural water source, this is perfect. Let your stones be rinsed with water. If not, add a small palm full of pink salt or epsom salt to a bowl of water and let your gemstones soak in the water for a few hours. (Do NOT wash Desert Rose or Selenite in water as they will dissolve! Research any other stones to verify if they should be submerged in water or not.)
- Use other stones to cleanse
Place your gemstones on or next to Selenite overnight to cleanse them.
- Use essential oils to cleanse
Diffuse Palo Santo or Sage around your crystals to help cleanse them or you can spray your stones with essential oils to cleanse and “feed” them. Add 20 drops of Cedarwood essential oil to a 2 oz bottle of water to cleanse and feed your stones.
Activation and Charging
Once cleansed you can activate and charge your gemstones to get the most out of their energies. It’s also helpful to change the intention of using the stone. Like essential oils, one stone can have many uses.
Place the stone you wish to activate into your hand and set an intention for using this gemstone. Close your eyes as you breathe deeply and think about energy and white light from the universe surrounding your gemstone to set the intention.
Grounding and Recharging
- Lay your gemstones on the earth or natural surface for about 4 hours.
- Place them in direct sunlight. Be sure not to leave them in the sun for more than 4 hours.
- Place your gemstones in direct moonlight during a full moon.
- If you can’t put them outside, place them in a windowsill and let them soak up the morning sun and then remove them from direct sunlight.
To use your gemstones, simply carry them with you, place them beside you, lay them around your home, in your car, make little baggies with velvet or organza pouches to keep in your purse/pocket/backpack, put in your pillowcase, next to the bed... really anywhere!
Before we dive into specific stones and essential oils that can be paired together, I want to introduce a few fun ways to use your oils and gems together effortlessly.
Whimsy and Wellness offers a large collection of gems for roll-on bottles. Some gems are available to place inside the bottle and others are available as the actual ball that rolls the oils onto your skin. Either way, your essential oils are in contact with the gemstones before it is applied to your skin which provides that extra umph.
Put On Love Designs offers gemstone diffuser jewelry so you can use both oils AND gems while looking and feeling beautiful. Apply a drop of essential oil to the leather pad that rests on the back of your neck and enjoy the benefits of the beautiful gems.
While you’re stocking up on beautiful pieces, grab yourself a cute bag from Modern Makerie to store your oils and gems in. They’re practical, yet adorable!
A variety of Quartz - Purple
Amethyst is a powerful protective stone. Its energy acts as a natural tranquilizer and is used to balance moods and relieve stress and irritability.
Oils that pair well with Amethyst...
- Frankincense - Its ability to provide a sense of grounding pairs well with the soothing nature of Amethyst.
- Clove - Its ability to create feelings of protection are perfect when using Amethyst for its protective energies. Clove and Amethyst also have the ability to calm and stimulate your mind, as well as stimulate your memory and motivation.
- Cypress - Its ability to help ease the feelings of loss pair well with Amethyst’s ability to alleviate sadness and grief, as well as dissolve negativity.
A variety of Quartz - Shades of white, yellow, and orange
Citrine energizes every level of life. It is known to...
- attract wealth, prosperity and success
- bring out joy, wonder, delight, and enthusiasm
- raise self-esteem and self-confidence
- stimulate the brain & strengthen the intellect
- promote motivation, activate creativity, & encourage self-expression
- enhance concentration and revitalize the mind
- balance emotions
Oils that pair well with Citrine...
- Orange - Its ability to promote peace and bring happiness to the mind/body and joy to the heart pair perfectly with Citrine’s ability to promote happiness and pleasure.
- Clove - Its ability to create feelings of protection make it a natural pairing with Citrine which is often used for protection and strength.
- Ginger - Its ability to influence physical energy, sex, love, money, and courage makes it a great option to use with Citrine to attract pleasure, confidence, and self-expression along with wealth, prosperity and success.
- Patchouli - Its influence on sexual and physical energy makes this another oil that pairs perfectly with Citrine.
A variety of quartz - Pink
Rose Quartz is the stone of universal love and is known to...
- restore trust and harmony in relationships
- encourage unconditional love, self-forgiveness, and acceptance invoking self trust and self worth
- help comfort in times of grief
- dispel negativity and protect against environmental pollution, replacing it with loving vibes
If you have “heart stuff” this one is for you. =)
Oils that pair well with Rose Quartz...
- Ylang Ylang - Its ability to bring back feelings of self-love, confidence, and joy along with its ability to influence sexual energy and enhance relationships make it a natural fit for Rose Quartz.
- Lavender - Its aromatic influence of health, love, and peace pair perfectly with Rose Quartz.
- Jasmine - Its ability to promote powerful and inspirational relationships makes it a perfect pair for Rose Quartz.
- Rose - With its ability to create a sense of well-being and a fragrance that is almost intoxicating and aphrodisiac-like Rose essential oil makes a great pairing for Rose Quartz, which is known to deepen partners’ love and romance.
- Bergamot - Its use for opening up the heart Chakra and radiating love and energy makes it an obvious choice to pair with Rose Quartz.
A variety of Chalcedony - Dark in nature with shades of brown
Known as “The Shapeshifter,” this stone of courage, motivation, and protection will help you be successful at everything you do. It is known for…
- bringing good luck to the wearer
- promoting mental clarity
- assisting one to resolve problems
- helping to eliminate fear and anxiety
- balancing yin-yang
- energizing the emotional body
- stabilizing mood swings
- promoting willpower, purpose, and courage
- releasing tension
Oils that pair well with Tiger’s Eye...
- Fennel - Its ability to influence and increase longevity and courage make it a natural complement to the energies of Tiger’s Eye.
- Ginger - Its ability to influence money and courage pairs well with Tiger’s Eye’s ability to bring good luck and inspire courage.
- Bergamot - Its ability to relieve occasional tension makes this a great option when using Tiger’s Eye for eliminating fear and occasional anxiety.
- Orange - Its ability to stimulate energy and joy pair well with Tiger’s Eye.
Blue Lace Agate
A banded Agate variety of Chalcedony and mineral of the Quartz family - Light blue, striped with brighter blues, whites, and even brown threads of color
The Blue Lace Agate variety is a very cooling and calming stone, giving us a sense of peace and tranquility. A powerful throat healer, it assists with verbal expression of thoughts and feelings so you are able to speak your truth. Blue Lace Agate is a great nurturing and supportive stone, neutralizing anger and melting away any fear and anxiety.
Oils that pair well with Blue Lace Agate...
- Northern Lights Black Spruce - Its ability to help release emotional blocks and bring feelings of balance and grounding makes it the perfect oil to pair with Blue Lace Agate.
- Vetiver - This oil is known as the “oil of tranquility” in India and is very grounding and stabilizing. It’s used to create an uplifting, focused environment so it would be a perfect pairing for Blue Lace Agate.
- Basil - This oil facilitates the ability to ground an overactive mind and focus on the present moment. Therefore, pairing it with Blue Lace Agate could be very beneficial.
- Spearmint - This oil complements the energy of Blue Lace Agate as both are used to encourage gentle, loving communication. When charging your Blue Lace Agate consider using Spearmint to “feed” it.
- Lavender - Its ability to calm, relax, and balance both physical and emotional energies makes this oil a great complement to Blue Lace Agate.
Being that you took time out of your day to read through this Oils and Gems post, I want to pass on an exclusive discount to you! Purchase a set of 5 roll-ons that include Amethyst, Citrine, Rose Quartz, Tiger’s Eye, and Blue Lace Agate using this special link from Whimsy and Wellness...
You can grab a 10% discount on your purchase from Whimsy and Wellness, Put On Love Designs and Modern Makerie using the promo code GRO10.
Offer good thru March 31, 2020.
If you are already a member with Young Living, log into your Virtual Office and place an order for the oils that spoke to you and pair well with your gemstones. Make sure you’re ordering through Essential Rewards for the BEST deal!
Not a member yet? Grab yourself a Basic Starter Kit for just $35 using my personal referral link HERE (or shoot me an email at email@example.com) and add on any of the 600+ products and oils Young Living has to offer! You could grab the oils mentioned in this class or maybe some new ones you’ve been interested in.
Your Basic Starter Kit will include your no-strings-attached Young Living membership that gives you wholesale pricing - perfect for ordering oils and products to support your wellness.
Your membership also includes access to exclusive ordering options like Essential Rewards (read the next post for more info on this) and YL GO+ for cheaper shipping.
If you’re looking for a kit that’s already put together grab yourself the Essential Oils Premium Starter Kit, which includes several grounding oils that would be great to pair with your gems! Just pick the kit that’s right for you - they all include the wholesale discount!